Monday, May 28, 2012

Stickmen, Underrated

I decided that I would work on getting a detailed model much later in my Blender life, So i'm back to creating a character in blender through the use of boxes, glorious boxes.

In this situation Extrude and Vertex manipulation X 10 is the recipe for a Stickman. However my model currently looks more like a headless stickman or a boxy robot....... I think this is a result of the MeshSmooth on Blender acting differently than Turbosmooth or Meshsmooth in 3DSmax.

According to THIS documentation, The meshsmooth in Blender doesn't change the geometry of the model it is applied to,  instead it changes the way shading affects the model. Whereas in 3DSMax the Turbosmooth function changes the mesh completely.

So what I would theoretically have to do, to fix this boxy problem would be to subdivide the model with 2-3 cuts and then start pulling the vertices into the desired shape, this way I have more "Clay" to work with in a manner of speaking and I could make a more detailed and convincing model, the question is if i still have time to do this as I plan on rendering and throwing basic textures on the model.

This is something that I might be able to work on if I continue to progress through this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment